Our Trip to Utah







Wow, it's been a month since I have updated this thing! What a slacker! I got back from my little trip to Utah on Monday evening. Being gone for ten days was definatley a little too long for all of us, but I think it was the hardest on Brandon. Having our little family back together has been wonderful. We've been reminded of how grateful we are for each other.

It was quite the eventful trip for Hudson and I. He was very patient and slept during the drive. He'd wake up when he was hungry and let me know by fussing a little bit. We made better time that I imagined and it didn't mess up his sleep schedule too much. My only complaint about the driving (besides $4 per gallon on gas) was not even an hour after leaving for Utah, a HUGE rock flew into my windshield. Luckily my vision was not blocked and I could postpone getting a new windshield...

For mothers day my mom requested that we have a girls weekend in St. George, so we met there and spent a few nights in a nice hotel (thanks dad!) and went shopping at Tai Pan.. I'm so disappointed we didn't get a picture!

I decided to spend the next week in Utah. Hudson was able to meet many people including his Auntie Amy, Uncle Rory, and cousin Cameron. We spent the night at their house a few nights during our trip and Cameron even surprised us by asking if he could hold Hudson (Cameron will be a sweet older brother to twins later this year!) It is always so fun to be in their home, we love their little family.

We spent a few days with Staci and Sheldon and my new baby cousin-Mathias. He is two weeks younger than Hudson. We had a great time just relaxing and sharing our joy in being new parents. Mathias is such a sweet boy, we miss him already (and his parents of course).

It was also fun to see my Dad, my brother Nathan, and also a group of my cousins came to eat a "homecooked meal" (I made parmasean Chicken) and meet Hudson.

The main reason I stayed so long in Utah was so I could pick up Ashley who flew in from Boston for the weekend. We decided to surprise Tambri (Sister Hanson) and showed up the day before her homecoming talk. Tambri and I were companions in Vancouver, WA when Ashley joined the church in December of 2006. It was wonderful to see both of them and meet Tambri's family.

We spent the night with the Davis family who made us really feel welcome. Wendi had to fight Dan and Ryan and then Melanie for a turn with Hudson. I'm grateful Hudson is such a delightful boy. He is really social and easily warms up to new faces that talk to him and smile at him. I was also grateful to be able to see my Uncle Brad's family, Grandma Mary Jean and Dale, and also the Hahl's for a few minutes on the trip. I just only wish we could have seen everyone, but I hope you all know we love you and will hopefully see you soon!

Comments

Emily said…
Glad you made it back here to us safely! We missed you!
Shauna said…
thanks alot! where is my shout-out? you saw me too remember!

Popular Posts