I just have to say that I am getting more and more excited for summer! Hudson and I went to the beach three times this week.

The only reason I'm not going today is because I've neglected my poor apartment and it needs my attention before we leave on our little trip Monday. Brandon and I are going to spend a few days in San Diego and Oceanside for our anniversary {which isn't until next month, but we are taking advantage of time off school for Spring Break}. Some of my aunts are going to help us with Hudson so we don't have to worry {not going to lie, I'm still nervous about how I'm going to do being separated from him for 3 nights}.
Hudson took his first steps on Friday, he still prefers crawling {he's so fast} but has started walking more and more every day. I just set him down on his feet on Friday morning facing away from me and he took 5 or 6 steps.. He was so proud of himself! Here's a little video {he was getting tired of walking by the time I got the camera out}
He seems to be growing so fast! He is communicating much more these days. He has also become REALLY affectionate. He gives us many hugs and kisses {last night when I was doing dishes he wrapped his arms around my leg and gave me a little squeeze. Accompanied by the squeeze and open mouth kiss is always a little sigh 'aaawwwee' I think he's saying 'i love you'}. He holds his own sippy now and even had his first PBJ this week...

He is becoming more independent and is great at entertaining himself. He loves to play in his room, especially when the door is shut {thank goodness it's Hudson-proof!}. A few days ago I was doing dishes when I heard his door shut. Usually that is followed by banging on the door and yelling for me to come open it, but not this time. It was quiet for long enough that I decided to check on him. I opened the door to find him completely content inside his toy box.
Hudson loves playing in our front yard with the bark in the flowerbed.. He likes to eat the bark and also keeps trying to catch the bees that frequent the area. I have to say that I'm grateful his hand eye coordination is still developing. Hudson has no fear when it comes to dogs, bees, birds, or anything that moves.. Friday at the beach he was in awe at this Pelican.


The only reason I'm not going today is because I've neglected my poor apartment and it needs my attention before we leave on our little trip Monday. Brandon and I are going to spend a few days in San Diego and Oceanside for our anniversary {which isn't until next month, but we are taking advantage of time off school for Spring Break}. Some of my aunts are going to help us with Hudson so we don't have to worry {not going to lie, I'm still nervous about how I'm going to do being separated from him for 3 nights}.
Hudson took his first steps on Friday, he still prefers crawling {he's so fast} but has started walking more and more every day. I just set him down on his feet on Friday morning facing away from me and he took 5 or 6 steps.. He was so proud of himself! Here's a little video {he was getting tired of walking by the time I got the camera out}
He seems to be growing so fast! He is communicating much more these days. He has also become REALLY affectionate. He gives us many hugs and kisses {last night when I was doing dishes he wrapped his arms around my leg and gave me a little squeeze. Accompanied by the squeeze and open mouth kiss is always a little sigh 'aaawwwee' I think he's saying 'i love you'}. He holds his own sippy now and even had his first PBJ this week...

He is becoming more independent and is great at entertaining himself. He loves to play in his room, especially when the door is shut {thank goodness it's Hudson-proof!}. A few days ago I was doing dishes when I heard his door shut. Usually that is followed by banging on the door and yelling for me to come open it, but not this time. It was quiet for long enough that I decided to check on him. I opened the door to find him completely content inside his toy box.
Hudson loves playing in our front yard with the bark in the flowerbed.. He likes to eat the bark and also keeps trying to catch the bees that frequent the area. I have to say that I'm grateful his hand eye coordination is still developing. Hudson has no fear when it comes to dogs, bees, birds, or anything that moves.. Friday at the beach he was in awe at this Pelican.

Comments