Our wonderful getaway! :)

We are back from our little anniversary getaway. We had such a fun & relaxing time. It was much needed and highly recommended! Here is some evidence..

DAY ONE:
We dropped off Hudson at the Wynn's (my aunt and uncle and awesome cousins) in Rancho Cucamonga in the early afternoon. We came home packed, cleaned up the house, relaxed a little then went to dinner at The Shade Restaurant at the Hilton here in Huntington Beach..





We picked up a Twilight on our way home and watched it together snuggled up and cozy on our couch...

DAY TWO: Tuesday morning Brandon served me a yummy breakfast in bed (waffles & scrambled eggs--ymmmm). We loaded up the car and headed to San Diego.. We decide to stop by the Wild Animal Park for a few hours and put our passes to use. I'd never been and was a little disappointed {I think we like the zoo better, those kinds of things are also way more fun with Hudson}.. But we had a good time just being together and being silly..












The same afternoon we checked into the World Mark downtown San Diego and then decided to go check out La Jolla Cove and watch the sunset.. I'm a baby and couldn't wait for sunset because I was too hungry, but what we saw was beautiful! We saw beautiful scenery, some sea lions, hundreds of pelicans, caves, tide pools, etc...











We grabbed some grub ribs and food and brought it back to the hotel so we could watch American Idol.

DAY THREE: We slept in and then went for a little run up to Balboa Park {didn't have my camera with me--bummer}.. We checked out of the hotel and headed to the World Mark in Oceanside. On our way we took a detour in Del Mar {Mel, it was gorgeous.. just like you said}. We relaxed by the pool and then watched American Idol again {Farewell to Megan! you and your weird, immature self will NOT be missed!!}..



DAY FOUR: I slept in, Brandon watched t.v... Lots of TV... :) We packed up then went down to relax by the pool before leaving. Because it was overcast and a little chilly, we decided to play some tennis.. The first serve of the day ended up like this...



{look closely where the ball is---I'm not much of a tennis player after all} After Brandon saying "let's try to get a rally and see how many times we can hit it back and forth without messing up" a hundred and one times, he gave up on my ability to "rally" and we decided it was time to head home..

We were soooooo excited to get Hudson because we missed him so much. The Wynn family didn't want to say goodbye to him, they want to adopt him now. :) Doesn't eveyone!?! I am so grateful he has become so comfortable at their home, it makes leaving him MUCH easier. I could tell he was happy to have his Mommy and Daddy back. The afternoon and evening was filled with lots of hugs and kisses..

Comments

Mae said…
I'd love a get away, I'm scared to leave Zane, though. Looks like you had tons of fun!
It looks like you guys had a fantastic time! I want a vacay.... sigh....
Katie said…
So fun!! Happy Anniversary--wait, I read anniversary, right? Looks like you're putting some of your actions to good use :) You look great by the way!
The Griffins said…
How fun Kim! You two are so cute and you look so great as usual! miss ya!
dtrain said…
Yea! Thanks for sharing your blogspot with us! How did you guys score FOUR days alone? You must have some pretty awesome family!! Looks like you guys had a fun and relaxing time...happy anniversary!
Carolyn said…
How fun to see your blog. Since we moved up north 3 years back we don't get to see anyone anymore, I'm sure Mitch would love it if he could hang out with Brandon and some of the old roommates again. Your lil' guy is adorable by the way.

Popular Posts