No time for Pictures...That never happens

To all of you who have more than one kid, I have completely gained more admiration and respect for you in the last few days. Hudson and I are in Chino Hills watching three of my cousins, trying to work in the morning for three hours and trying to work on three different logo designs when I have a second or two. {which hasn't happened until the babies are in bed and then I am so exhausted I just want to sit and stare at a wall}..

The kids are adorable, helpful, and very sweet but I didn't realize how hard it would be to take care of so many, make meals, change so many diapers, clean up the house, work, etc..

Today we decided to go to Raging Waters {Brandon's day off, so he could help}.. First I couldn't find a swim suit for the 11 month old girl, then my husband realized he forgot his trunks. After trying on a pair of my uncle's which would have fallen off in an instant when wet, we decided to stop at the Rack and grab some, but then I couldn't find any sunscreen, then one of the babies pooped, then the jar of peanut butter was basically empty, then I had to look up directions on google maps, don't have a printer so I had to write them down, then the boys-while they were patiently waiting got all wet in the backyard and then after all of that I couldn't find the passes to Raging Waters. So two hours after we said we'd leave in ten minutes and go to Raging waters we changed plans and headed to OC Great Park.

We had to stop by my place to grab some Peanut Butter (that seemed easier than venturing into the store again like yesterday).. Well, our peanut butter was practically gone too, but the boys did spot our pool which looked WAY more appealing than the one in their own backyard. They wanted to swim so I sent them out with Brandon while I scrapped our two almost empty jars of Peanut Butter completely clean and got the 11 month old fed {who apparently is allergic to milk even in Mac-n-cheese and gave me a scare when huge hives broke out on her face two minutes after her first bite} All I can say is thank goodness for benedryll and my awesome sister Amy who is always just a phone call away. Much to my surprise Hudson and the baby slept for about 2 hours each and I got a ten minute cat nap on the couch before I heard Brandon calling my name from the pool because the older kids were still waiting for the rootbeers I had promised them over an hour before.
We made a new friend at the pool who brought over a Pokemon movie to watch with one of the boys {as if their weren't enough kids in my little apartment}, the sweet mom just wanted to go have a glass of wine with our neighbor{ha ha}.. I'm too nice, but mostly just caught off guard that someone would trust so easily to leave their kid somewhere{and invite themself over}.. Maybe she figured I was a safe candidate because my aunt and uncle had entrusted me with their three and the fact the I'm Mormon did get brought up while we were talking at the pool..

At 5pm we were finally ready to head to OC Great Park for a free ride in a hot air balloon that the boys were so excited about. We drove there to find out that they don't fly the thing from 4-7ish.. Bummed.. Alternate plan-Irvine spectrum where we enjoyed dinner, free balloons, yummy milk shakes, and a short ride on the carousel {and many whispers & stares in my direction} .. Now I'm home and to my surprise, not insane. Babies in bed-check, boys in bed-check, trash taken out-dreading, sleep-can't wait! And I'm soooooo glad.....

DANG IT! Little guy just came down to tell me he's out of pull-ups! Now what the he*# am I supposed to do!?! PHEW! He meant that he's on his last one:).. Now I know why girls weekends should be planned and taken advantage of! {More than ever, I'm really looking forward to the one next week!}...

Comments

Stubbs Love said…
sounds like such an adventure....You were the perfect one for the job....mmmm..Peanut Butter...oh the memories of Peanut Butter and the mission..
Katie Waldron said…
Oh! What a crazy day! Thank goodness for next weekend YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don said…
just think what life would be like if you had triplets or more ! Hang in there, you're never done babysitting someone's kid(or someone who acts like a kid)...;0)

Take some time off by yourself...you deserve it !

Popular Posts