Love to Pray
Hudson loves to say prayers. I love that after he gets his teeth brushed at night he runs into his room and kneels down & folds his arms and patiently waits, with a sweet grin on his face, for us to join him. It is so cute! I think I might die every time I see it!
He will repeat some of the words after us now. And a few weeks ago as I said, "in the name of Jesus" Then prompted him to say "Jesus," he instead said "Chist, Awemean" (Christ without the r sound).. I know it may not seem like much, but I want to cry every time I think of these moments because I know that he is learning how to pray.
I hope he will always love to pray as much as he does now.
He hasn't quite figured out the whole closing his eyes thing but he holds really still and is totally silent.. And at the end he either cheers or stays frozen.. The day we took this he was in some sort of trance.. I just love how he folds his arms..

He will repeat some of the words after us now. And a few weeks ago as I said, "in the name of Jesus" Then prompted him to say "Jesus," he instead said "Chist, Awemean" (Christ without the r sound).. I know it may not seem like much, but I want to cry every time I think of these moments because I know that he is learning how to pray.
I hope he will always love to pray as much as he does now.
He hasn't quite figured out the whole closing his eyes thing but he holds really still and is totally silent.. And at the end he either cheers or stays frozen.. The day we took this he was in some sort of trance.. I just love how he folds his arms..

{gotta love the tortilla in the mouth during the prayer too, right}
I am grateful for parents who taught me how to pray. I know I wasn't as excited as Hudson when we had family prayer at 6:45 am before school every morning, but I'm grateful they were consistent because it helped me come to know that prayer truly is a gift.
"As we pray with faith, sincerity, and real intent, we will see God's influence in our lives. He will guide us in our daily lives and help us make good decisions. he will bless us with feelings of comfort and peace. He will warn us of danger and strengthen us to resist temptation. He will forgive our sins. We will feel closer to Him..." {Preach My Gospel, Pg 73}
I am grateful for parents who taught me how to pray. I know I wasn't as excited as Hudson when we had family prayer at 6:45 am before school every morning, but I'm grateful they were consistent because it helped me come to know that prayer truly is a gift.
"As we pray with faith, sincerity, and real intent, we will see God's influence in our lives. He will guide us in our daily lives and help us make good decisions. he will bless us with feelings of comfort and peace. He will warn us of danger and strengthen us to resist temptation. He will forgive our sins. We will feel closer to Him..." {Preach My Gospel, Pg 73}
Comments