Our trip to Ephraim and Price Utah
Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since I have updated my blog! I don't know where all my time goes lately..
We had such a fun trip to Utah at the end of May for my brother's wedding and also to spend some time with my family. We worked some, which was fun too. I was the photographer at my brother's wedding which was a good challenge because it was my first one ever. I now know why photographers charge a pretty penny for weddings! :0) We got some great pictures which I should be posting in the next few days on here and my photo blog.
It was so fun to just spend time with family and relax in Utah. We were able to do a little hiking and fishing with my parents in Ephraim and also see my sister's cute new house in Price. My parents also took Huds for a few days while we had some much appreciated alone time.
A little of what we're up to... Brandon finished his intense semester taking 24 units the last few weeks in May. Boy are we both glad he is finished with that semester! I am so proud of him for still getting such good grades and also finding time to spend with his family. He is looking for a job right now and has also been interviewing a lot for his Fall Internship that is a requirement for him to graduate after this Fall Semester.
I have been catching up a lot on photo-retouching from all my sessions this month, doing a few random projects like a group fhe co-op. We sadly only made it to the beach twice this month, but for a minute I didn't think we'd make it at all! I can't believe it's already July, I've been really tired and a little on edge lately and if you are patient enough to look through this load of photo's you might just find out why! :)
Our little Hudson (who will be 2 1/2 in August} is as fun and excited about life as ever. He had a BLAST in Utah, especially being able to ride in the car so much and see so many farms and animals. He loved fishing and did a really good job on our hike as well. He also had fun playing with his cousins and is continuing to learn the ever-difficult concept of sharing. He is talking like crazy these days and says the most random and cute things. I really need to start writing them down. He is still trying to figure out how to say a few words without swearing, I'm hoping that day comes soon.. For now we are trying not to stress about it and just laughing it off. He loves playing at the park and asks if we can go to the zoo a lot. He loves to play in the sand at the beach but still doesn't want to have anything to do with the water. He is getting better in the swimming pool and hopefully will be really comfortable by the end of the summer. He loves all of his cousins and aunts and uncles. It is so fun to see him build unique relationships with each of them. He also really misses his Papa & D (my parents) and usually pretends to talk to them on the phone. His Poppy (Brandon's dad) was just married this week and we are excited for Huds to have another Grandma to love and be loved by!
Okay, okay... Enough talk.. On to the pictures! {dozens of pictures...just be prepared}
{I divided it up into 3 posts, so make sure you don't miss out}
We had such a fun trip to Utah at the end of May for my brother's wedding and also to spend some time with my family. We worked some, which was fun too. I was the photographer at my brother's wedding which was a good challenge because it was my first one ever. I now know why photographers charge a pretty penny for weddings! :0) We got some great pictures which I should be posting in the next few days on here and my photo blog.
It was so fun to just spend time with family and relax in Utah. We were able to do a little hiking and fishing with my parents in Ephraim and also see my sister's cute new house in Price. My parents also took Huds for a few days while we had some much appreciated alone time.
A little of what we're up to... Brandon finished his intense semester taking 24 units the last few weeks in May. Boy are we both glad he is finished with that semester! I am so proud of him for still getting such good grades and also finding time to spend with his family. He is looking for a job right now and has also been interviewing a lot for his Fall Internship that is a requirement for him to graduate after this Fall Semester.
I have been catching up a lot on photo-retouching from all my sessions this month, doing a few random projects like a group fhe co-op. We sadly only made it to the beach twice this month, but for a minute I didn't think we'd make it at all! I can't believe it's already July, I've been really tired and a little on edge lately and if you are patient enough to look through this load of photo's you might just find out why! :)
Our little Hudson (who will be 2 1/2 in August} is as fun and excited about life as ever. He had a BLAST in Utah, especially being able to ride in the car so much and see so many farms and animals. He loved fishing and did a really good job on our hike as well. He also had fun playing with his cousins and is continuing to learn the ever-difficult concept of sharing. He is talking like crazy these days and says the most random and cute things. I really need to start writing them down. He is still trying to figure out how to say a few words without swearing, I'm hoping that day comes soon.. For now we are trying not to stress about it and just laughing it off. He loves playing at the park and asks if we can go to the zoo a lot. He loves to play in the sand at the beach but still doesn't want to have anything to do with the water. He is getting better in the swimming pool and hopefully will be really comfortable by the end of the summer. He loves all of his cousins and aunts and uncles. It is so fun to see him build unique relationships with each of them. He also really misses his Papa & D (my parents) and usually pretends to talk to them on the phone. His Poppy (Brandon's dad) was just married this week and we are excited for Huds to have another Grandma to love and be loved by!
Okay, okay... Enough talk.. On to the pictures! {dozens of pictures...just be prepared}
{I divided it up into 3 posts, so make sure you don't miss out}
Fishing in Ephraim near my parents house..

His first catch!

..a tree!


This brings back memories of poking the eyes of fish with my fingers and holding a still-beating heart after my dad gutted the fish.. :)

Daddy letting Huds reel in his fish.. What a good dad..

Brandon caught most of the fish that day. Every time he cast out, he'd bring one in 10 minutes later!

Hudson wanted to go for a walk.. I wanted to read my book.. D wanted to do whatever Hudson wanted to do, like always! So they walked.. and walked.. and walked.. He never wanted to turn around..

Cant choose a fave so I guess all 4 of these will have to do!




While he wasn't paying attention..

What a cute guy! I totally scored :)

Reading my book..


Love this moment.. Hudson just walked over to my dad and stood by him for a few minutes..

Trying to figure out this whole fishing thing... {Look at those cheeks! Please don't grow up and loose them!}

You never see this where we live!

Free fishing day! Games, food, prizes, and of course FISHING!






Don't be fooled.. I didn't last long.. I was thinking the whole time that I really felt like I should be walking back over to get a second free burger!

Papa took Huds to see a brand new baby horse..

Comments