Moved..

We moved in January. Yes, that's right.. I packed our whole house and unpacked our new one (except for the last two or three boxes that remain packed until we know whether we will stay or move again soon) in the last month of being pregnant.
{I'm glad we moved BEFORE having Lola, I can't even imagine moving right now!}
Brandon was really helpful and had to do A LOT of lifting, but we make a good team ;).. Hudson's favorite part was the boxes!





My favorite.



I decided that we move TOO MUCH! I can't wait until we can settle down for at least a few years somewhere! We love our new little place though. We don't miss the poor management and the loud pool noise, the chipping/pealing paint, the old windows, not having a washer & dryer, etc.. We do however slightly miss our dishwasher and microwave, I think the only thing I use the micro for anyway is to melt butter so I don't miss it THAT much.. We love being in a small, privately owned complex. We don't share ANY walls, we have our own garage that we can store things AND park in. We also have w&d hookups in the garage which is nice.. The manager is putting up a small gate for us soon so we can have a fenced private patio for Huds to run around in. We fell like we live in a little beach cottage (except I wish the landlord/owner would let me paint the wood paneling that goes halfway up my walls, but that's just because I'm slightly vain and would like for it to look a little more stylish! ha ha)

Hudson has done really well with the adjustment. The first few days he kept asking to go to "our old house, not Bob's house" {Bob is the name of the owner/manager}. It is an old unit, so the shower is pretty loud and scares Hudson if we turn it on while he's in bed. He also told me during one of the first nights we stayed here that there he was "scared of the monster in the window." I think he just needed to get used to the new shadows or something.

We also love our little neighborhood, can walk to a park and the beach is only a short 10 minute drive. We are also back in the ward we were in when we were first married (which is also the ward B grew up in) so it is nice seeing familiar faces and being surrounded by people we know and already love to be around!

Comments

Sandy Stevens said…
Oh my! I sure miss my little grandson! He looks so cute in these pix. He is so good at making funtimes with anything! I hope he is always creative like that! Give him lots of love from Grandma "D".

Popular Posts