Hudson's 3rd Birthday!
I feel like Hudson has had more of a Birth-Month than a Birthday, but that's okay.. With a newborn Sister hogging a lot of my attention I'm glad that he was able to soak up some extra attention for a few weeks!
Lately we have been talking a lot about what kind of traditions we want to have in our family. We decided that a birthday tradition would be to go get doughnuts for breakfast as a family--something that we NEVER do..
{With the exception of MY birthday, because on my birthday the thing that I want most in the morning is to SLEEP IN! ;)}
We decided to head to "Dad's Doughnuts" on Balboa Island so we could get the doughnuts then head to the Harbor and check out the boats..
Of course Hudson chose a CHOCOLATE doughnut with CHOCOLATE icing.



We could hear a Sea Lion barking but didn't ever see it..

Our Little Miss snoozed the whole time..



Just making some new friends..




This Hippo cookie caught Hudson's eye when he was choosing his doughnut so I let him get it for his after-nap snack..


During Naptime I threw together some decorations {I already had the tissue paper pom-poms and quickly made some little pinwheels out of some square napkins to spice it up a bit.}
Brandon picked up a few balloons on his way home that Hudson was thrilled about.



Hudson was so excited about his new toys that he forgot all about the cake..

We ended up doing the cake the next day because Hudson was SOOOOO tired & sick that he couldn't even eat his dinner..



Lately we have been talking a lot about what kind of traditions we want to have in our family. We decided that a birthday tradition would be to go get doughnuts for breakfast as a family--something that we NEVER do..
{With the exception of MY birthday, because on my birthday the thing that I want most in the morning is to SLEEP IN! ;)}
We decided to head to "Dad's Doughnuts" on Balboa Island so we could get the doughnuts then head to the Harbor and check out the boats..

Of course Hudson chose a CHOCOLATE doughnut with CHOCOLATE icing.



We could hear a Sea Lion barking but didn't ever see it..

Our Little Miss snoozed the whole time..



Just making some new friends..




This Hippo cookie caught Hudson's eye when he was choosing his doughnut so I let him get it for his after-nap snack..


During Naptime I threw together some decorations {I already had the tissue paper pom-poms and quickly made some little pinwheels out of some square napkins to spice it up a bit.}
Brandon picked up a few balloons on his way home that Hudson was thrilled about.



Hudson was so excited about his new toys that he forgot all about the cake..

We ended up doing the cake the next day because Hudson was SOOOOO tired & sick that he couldn't even eat his dinner..



Comments