4th of July 2011, Sunday best!
Yes, it's October 1st and I'm blogging about Independence Day. I am determined to get caught up one day, promise. I'm not THAT far behind, but now that we live so far away from all of our loved ones I really want to be good about blogging so you can all watch (from a distance) our kids growing up and know what is going on in our lives.. The night before church I decided to whip these up, a little skirt and a little bow-tie for Hudson. I followed the tutorial for the skirt off of this awesome blog {click here}. I want to make another one because it was super easy. I didn't quite have enough fabric so I didn't follow the directions exactly, but I know if I had it would have turned out WAY better.. a little bit longer and bigger (more comfortable).. but hey, she's a baby and doesn't care what she wears.. Hudson loved his bow-tie and I need to make him more. Talk about an EASY accessory to make for a boy. I love the navy and white stripes so much that I didn't glue or sew the knot part on in hopes of trading the red part out so he can wear it year round. This is also why I didn't sew on any red to the skirt.. I wanted her to be able to wear it again and not look so patriotic (nothing wrong with patriotic, but you know what I mean).. Anyway, these pictures make me want to pull out some crafting stuff and get busy.. If only I had an organized craft closet.. It is still just stuffed full of odds and ends in my attempts to get all of the moving boxes unpacked and out of my house.. So... Here are the pictures. That's all we REALLY care about anyway right?!?
Love my little Hudson.
Love my little Hudson.








Comments